Mission statements are important, and if you need to create or refine your own, I’ve got a free mission statement template just for you.
As part of my Mission 101 series, I created a free mission statement template to help guide the mission statement process.
Want to learn more about mission statements? You can find all the articles I have written in the series below. They may be helpful for you as you put together your own mission statement.
- Mission 101: Creating a Mission Statement That Inspires To be a great organization, you must have a mission statement that inspires. I detail the story of a mission statement gone wrong and why.
- What is a Mission Statement? It’s critical to understand why mission statements are so important and how they impact everything in your organization, from morale to motivation to retention.
- Mission Statement vs. Vision Statement: What’s the Difference? Hint: there is a difference, and you need to be able to understand it. Great mission statements are not great vision statements. The work together, but they are different in principle and impact.
- 17 Mission Statement Examples From World-Class Organizations We will take a deeper look into mission statements from 17 different organizations and uncover the WHY behind them. I’ll give you some additional ideas that you can take when working on your own mission statement.
- How to Write a Mission Statement (and Make It Compelling) Then, we will go through an exercise to write out your mission statement. I’ll include some helpful templates to give you a starting point, and by the end, you should have all the tools you need to write a compelling mission statement.
- How to Maximize the Impact of Your Mission Statement If nobody listens, you’ve wasted your time. Once your mission statement is ready, your work has just begun. We now need to explore the work required to elevate the impact of your mission statement.
Thanks for your time, and I hope to hear from you again soon!